● The direct drive has the ability to use any needle/tube or grip currently available
● A powerful Swiss motor starts and drives cartridges all the way down to 4 volts and 50 cycles per second without stalling
● Your choice of stroke: 3.2mm OR 3.7mm
● Simple construction
● Frame and vise can be autoclaved
● Constructed of anodized Aluminum
● Comes with 25ct pack of black #8 rubber bands and a plunger bar for screw on style cartridge grips
● 1 year warranty
The direct drive is our workhorse, it almost feels like there’s nothing this machine can’t do. To begin with, it can work from as low and slow as 4 volts, all the way up to 12, and never be starved for power. This is because it uses a motor with plenty of torque where it needs it, thank Maxon. Whatever grouping you want to run you can do it with low vibration and quiet, smooth operation.
Utility & Cleanliness
Because it’s maintenance free and warrantied for 1 year after sale you should never expect to factor in downtime as a hidden cost. Compared to other direct drives it is the cleanest around. It uses good old *disposable* rubber bands instead of tension gadgets that are hard if not impossible to clean. Additionally, it’s enclosed as much as a direct drive can be which greatly reduces the amount of dirt that can get into or out of the machine.